If I’d known these drinks before.. I would have drank my way to weight loss. I’ve only recently realized the SIGNIFICANT roles of detox drinks and teas when it comes to losing weight. These are the secrets coming from models and celebrities who use such drinks to stay fit. I have personally tested two of these drinks and I HIGHLY recommend them.
They not only help you lose weight, but also speed up the metabolism. So let’s have a look at them…
FUN FACT: Studies show that prolonged hours of sitting can prevent fat and sugars from being metabolized which can potentially result in cardiovascular diseases. (more…)
I was 13 when I actually started drinking green tea. I had all sorts of problems like acne, being over weight, ‘pregnant’ belly.. you name it and I probably had it! And right now I am 21 years old so literally I’ve been drinking green tea CONSISTENTLY for 8 years and I’ll tell you about all the magical things GREEN TEA has done for me.
FUN FACT: Green tea contains an active ingredient called ‘Catechin‘ which helps speed up the body’s metabolism and hence lose weight.
It’s been long since I was actually inspired to do a post! But this one really stuck out to me so I really wanted to share with my beautiful subscribers because my weight loss series of posts are the most popular. Hence I bring you another one.. Lo and Behold!
Watch the video below and let me know what you think 🙂
I also want to thank Eman who posted this video for sharing your experience and I really respect your journey of weight loss 🙂 You’re such an inspiration <3
Fun Fact: In a research experiment involving obese men, an intake of 30 grams (2 tbsp) of coconut oil for 4 weeks reduced waist circumference by 2.86 cm, or 1.1 inches.
Its like coconut oil is the solution to all problems these days.. Its everywhere!! For hair, skin or body.. Coconut oil will take care of anything. I think at this point every home should keep a jar of it.. and now I sound like those ladies in sponsored ad shows.. Buy one and get one absolutely free haha Nah I am just kidding!
So recently I read an article on how a woman lost weight by adding some coconut oil in her coffee. I’ll link the post in the end so don’t forget to check it out. This article inspired me to do some research and spread the good news with y’all.
I also heard the famous Victoria Secret model, Miranda Kerr swears by coconut oil and its benefits of keeping her waistline slim. So read more to find out how you can add it in your daily diet… (more…)
Hello my angels! I wanted to dedicate a whole post to this one tip that is so important if you’re on a journey of weight loss but it is also the most unknown and neglectedtip. Not a lot of people know about it because it’s quite a small thing to do but it makes a big difference. I have talked about it in one of my previous posts but I didn’t emphasis how significant it is. It’s one of the tip that health experts swear by so read more to check it out ..
I have been trying out this detox water for a few weeks now and let me tell you how AMAZING it is!!! It is easy to make and you don’t need any weird ingredients. Detox water helps in getting rid of the toxins from your liver and melt all the fat. Doesn’t that sound lovely… So if you have that little pooch in your lower belly or in my case.. a pregnant-like belly (sorry for TMI), this is perfect to kick-start your metabolism, give a boost of energy and refresh your morning. I started noticing results in only10 days. Now that’s an elixir of life for me because I have been constantly looking for something to slim down my belly area and nothing has worked better than this so far. Read more to get your belly slim and healthy… All You Need: 3 slices of cucumber Half a lemon or lime 1/2 tbsp grated Ginger 3-4 Mint leaves 1/2 tbsp honey
The cucumber slices should be as thin as possible so it can add more flavour to the water.
Squeeze the lemon juice in your cup. I also add one more slice of lemon just because it looks nice in my cup and adds colour… I know it doesn’t matter but hey.. it makes the drink look more refreshing and summer-y.
Ginger is the main ingredient here because it really boosts your metabolism up for the day. Grate the ginger and add it in your cup.
Mint leaves add the most refreshing flavour to the drink so just add the leaves in your cup. It doesn’t matter if they are frozen or fresh.
Now add water to fill your cup. The water should be approximately 200-300 ml.
Add honey after adding the water and stir it all up.
I prepare this detox drink just before I go to sleep and put it in the refrigerator overnight. Then I just drink it up in the morning. You can also make it in the morning and add some ice cubes but who has time in the morning. I drink this first thing in the morning and I keep a 15-20 mins gap before eating my breakfast. In those 15-20 mins I finish doing my make-up or hair for the day.
You can also fill this water in a bottle and bring it to your workplace or if you are travelling around constantly. I would love to just pull out this bottle on a hot summer day. In Ayurveda the ginger is said to ignite the fire (not literally of course) for better digestion and a healthy gut. It increases the digestive juices and improves absorption of the nutrients in your body. Honey cleanses the gut and adds sweetness to conceal the taste of ginger. Mint contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants to improve your digestive power. Also it tastes good in the water. Lemon and cucumber maintains your metabolism throughout the whole day. On the days I have this detox drink, I feel like my energy levels are much higher and this makes sense because if your metabolism is higher then you will feel much more energetic. I also get more appetite since the metabolism has increased, I feel hungry more often. Who doesn’t like eating food constantly..
But of course you have to eat healthy and clean. You can indulge in junk food for a day or two in a week keeping it to a minimum quantity but if you eat nachos with extra cheese everyday then you can’t expect effective results. My belly is almost flat now and it’s been 3 weeks that I am on this detox. Although I wasn’t consistent with it because of some travelling but even though I didn’t keep it up everyday, it has given me an amazing result. Now my travelling days are over so I have been consistent with it lately. I have tried detox drinks before but this one was the most effective with noticeable results.
India has all types of people living in all kinds of places from a dusty dessert to tropical forests. And the secrets I am going to share with you all are coming from the era when princesses used to bathe in milk and rose petals which is about.. thousands of years ago.
Indian women mostly focus on their skin complexions, body shape and hair care.
We love to make our hair smell good, keep our skin fair and build curves in our body.
It is said that women in ancient India were praised of their lustrous, long hair and flawless complexion.
So let’s see what they did to achieve what I call the ‘natural glam’ haha
1) If you are on a journey to losing weight, you might want to try adding spice in your diet e.g. chillies. But don’t go overboard. Chillies speed up your metabolism and believe it or not, even models add chillies and other spices in their diet to maintain their weight.
2) Neem leaves were very popular to treat acne and other skin problems. The leaves were crushed to make a paste / face mask or neem oil was used as a cleanser
3) Turmeric was an important spice used to even out the skin complexion and get rid of hyperpigmentation. Make a paste of chick pea flour, turmeric and milk. Add the ingredients until it has consistency like any other face masks. Apply this paste all over your body and massage it in. Wash it out after 10-15 mins.
4) Use cold water as a toner. It closes the pores, improves blood circulation and cell stimulation.
5) As well as neem, onion juice was also believed to fight off acne. Mix some onion juice and honey in equal ratio. Apply it as a face mask and washit after 10-15 mins.
6) Another face mask for acne prone skin uses sandalwood and turmeric powder mixed with yoghurt. This mask has anti-septic properties. It makes your skin smooth, soft, acne-free and even toned. Mix the ingredients until your desired consistency forms and apply it. Wash it after 10-15 mins.
7) Ancient Indian women used Kajal (homemade natural eyeliner). It was made from castor oil, coconut oil, almond oil and black mustard seeds. This made your eyes brighter/whiter, it improved vision and stimulates the growth of eye lashes
8) The main ingredients used for hair care were Amla, Shikakai, Coconut Oil and Henna. There are actually thousands of herbs that were used for hair care but these are the main ones. And I always use coconut oil. I can swear by it. It really does help my hair grow really fast.
9) Ayurveda advises that do not put anything on your skin that you cannot eat. All their face masks are actually edible. Even if I use these natural stuff, I put make up on my skin like foundation. I wonder what it does to my skin 🙁 I will try to use them less often now.
10) Many people think that being beautiful will make us happy but it is really the other way around. You will be beautiful when you are happy from the inside. Try to walk past a crowd of people with a frown on your face or a beautiful smile and you will notice the difference.
The secret my Mum passed on to Me:
It is a face mask. My skin was really bad back then and so she advised me to apply this face mask which actually changed my skin A LOT. I kept ignoring her advice because I used to think it’s an old thing and it’s not gonna work but actually nothing worked better than this face mask.
It was Honey and Cinnamon mask. For more details on this click HERE.I truly want to stop using cosmetics and embrace these ancient secrets. And to be honest, the one that I have already embraced have worked WAY better than anything else. For example coconut oil for my hair, honey and cinnamon for skin and certain diets for body. I will try my best to adapt a Natural Healthy Lifestyle.
Are you willing to do that? Can you give up the cosmetics and embrace Natural ingredients that work like magic? I will certainly try my best 🙂