Most people are unaware of the Inversion Method. It’s strange because it gives you the FASTEST results in the SHORTEST amount of time.
And this is why I want to share it with all the girls whose hair has literally stopped growing (whatever the reason may be) and are DESPERATELY looking to grow out their hair. I get it.. who has the time and patience to grow really long hair these days. I barely get time to eat nowadays.
The email below from one of my lovely readers sparked the inspiration behind this post. And I can’t believe I haven’t posted about this before because it works better than ANYTHING I’ve tried before.
So If you’re a busy mom, a CEO or a college student whose assignments are piling up like me.. this is perfect for you! You don’t have to spend more than 10 mins and the results are.. FAST! Read more to find out how you can grow 1 inch of hair in 1 WEEK…
What Is The INVERSION METHOD?
It is a unique way to stimulate and massage the scalp using hair oils to encourage faster hair growth.
- Choose a hair oil of your choice. Below is a video of my all time favourite hair oil mask for hair growth. Alternatively just use coconut oil which is the BEST hair oil I would recommend to grow hair.
Check out my FULL Haircare Routine video if you’d like.
2. Warm up the oil of your choice. Make sure you don’t boil it because this will kill all the nutrients in your oil. You can place the bottle of your oil in hot water to warm it up. Or you can also microwave it but make sure to warm it up in a glass container and cover the container with a plate because the microwave radiations may kill the nutrients of oil.
3. Apply the warm oil DIRECTLY to your scalp first. I like to section my hair and apply the oil so it has direct contact with the scalp (as demonstrated in my video above). Apply the rest of the oil to ends of your hair.
4. Sit in a chair and invert your head upside down at a comfortable angle. Begin massaging the scalp with your fingertips in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. Don’t be too harsh that your hair breaks off. Apply enough pressure to stimulate the scalp and increase a little blood flow. If you find some parts of your scalp dry, take some oil on the fingertips and massage it in that area.
Massage your head for NO MORE THAN 4 MINS. I prefer to put on a timer on my phone. This is important because more than 4 mins may give you a headache.
While massaging, try to relax your mind and stop the erratic thoughts. I like to take these 4 mins as a meditation. I believe the relaxation makes this process even more effective but it’s not necessary.
The increased blood flow absorbs MAXIMUM amount of nutrients from the oils so get that blood flow going girl..
5. After 4 mins are up, sit upright and don’t start walking suddenly because you’re head is probably trying to readjust the position. You can brush the tangles out after massaging. This is optional but you can also cover up the hair with a plastic bag to seal in the moisture.
You can do this everyday for a week and then take a break for the next 3 weeks. Personally, I prefer to do it once or twice every week without any 3 week breaks.
6. I leave the oil in for a minimum of 2hrs. You can also leave it on overnight and wash it off with your normal routine of shampoo and conditioner.
WHO CANNOT DO THE INVERSION METHOD?
You cannot carry out this method if you have any of the following:
Low / high blood pressure, ear infection, detached retina, spinal injury, heart problems, glaucoma, conjunctivitis or “pink eye”, obesity, a hernia, pregnancy or any serious health problems.
And ladies, do not attempt this when you’re on your period. If this method makes you dizzy or abnormal throughout the day please do not continue with it.
SCIENCE OF THE INVERSION METHOD
When you’re just hanging there upside down, the natural blood flow is disturbed. The blood now rushes to your upper body. While you’re massaging, the blood flow increases near the scalp. The nutrients from the oils get absorbed better in the scalp because the increased blood flow carries these nutrients and the nutrients help in the production of protein. Protein is what our hair is made of, specifically Keratin.
These proteins and nutrients are carried to our hair follicles where the hair grows from.
Indian women are known to have super long, thick and voluminous hair. And since I am Indian myself, I am the living proof.
India is also well known for yoga. Many yogic poses involves an upside down position such as the famous Downward-Facing Dog pose. This is why many yogis experience a healthy hair growth after they’ve started doing yoga on a regular basis.
This is a blog post from Schardein’s written by Sam Charboneau. You can read her full experience with this method.
There are also tons of YouTube videos verifying how amazing this method works on their hair.
If you try the inversion method and it works out for you take some pictures and upload it with #LavishKrish on your Instagram or Twitter <3