Eyes are a window to the soul. We see the beauty of this world through our eyes. An eye contact is enough to fall in love with a special someone. So of course we want to keep the condition of our eyes well.
When you come home after a long day from work or school do your eyes feel itchy or tired or dry or red? Well if any of these are the symptoms you should know it is curable without the need to put chemicals in your eyes. Our eyes are sensitive so obviously we should approach for a natural method.
For more solutions also check out: DIY: 3 Ways Whiten/Brighten Your Eyes Naturally
I have experimented with these eye drops for around 3 months and therefore I know the benefits it gives 🙂 The eye drops from drugstores will only give you a temporary relief. If you want permanent results I definitely recommend the following method…
All You Need:
Organic / Cold Pressed Castor Oil (I used Pukka’s Organic Castor Oil)
Mysteries of Castor Oil:
It is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral. It also stimulates our immune system.
It has some unique fatty acids and Vitamin E that helps in the healing process of any organ including our skin and eyes.
It is a native seed of India and it has been widely used in Ayurveda, Chinese Medicines and most eastern countries.
It is widely used in skin care cosmetics because of its ability to heal, inhibit moles and keep the bad bacteria off.
Since it has an ability to thicken and darken hair, it is a perfect remedy for our eye lashes. So this will be another benefit if you use this oil as eye drops.
How Do I Use Them as Eye Drops?
- It’s very easy. All you do is take a q-tip and dip it in the oil. And put the oil drop straight in your eye.
- After you have it in your eyes lie down with your eyes closed for at least 5 mins.
- If your symptoms are very noticeable everyday, I suggest you to do this twice a day. Once in the morning when you wake up and another before you go to sleep.
- But if your eyes have slight symptoms, you only have to do it once a day. In this case use the drops before you go to sleep.
- Please make sure not to poke yourself in the eye. If you want you can tell some else to do it for you.
- I also want to underline the terms organic and cold pressed when you buy the castor oil since you are going to put it in your eyes and we need to make sure it is 100% safe.
Hoping not to sound like a controlling mom I do want to emphasize the last two points 🙂
I used to have slightly dry and red eyes every morning because I wear contact lenses and I was looking for something natural as a cure. I read about a lot of people who cured their various eye conditions with castor oil and decided to give it a try. So I used it once a day before going to sleep.
I have used this method for 3 months and I can say with no hesitation that it works REALLY well.
Yes it takes longer than normal eye drops but the results are waaay better and permanent. The eye drops I used didn’t target the root problem so I would get the dry and red eyes again after a day.
I actually started noticing results in a month and a half with castor oil but I continued to use it for 3 months because I was afraid the symptoms would come back. I haven’t used the oil for about 3 weeks now and my eyes feel really healthy. No sign of dryness or redness. I am super relieved. Yes my eyes look much more brighter and sparkling 😉
I hope I have opened your eyes.
Let me know your experience with it…