Facial oils are really hyped up right now by many makeup artists, beauty bloggers and youtubers. They literally rave about them. What is it about them even though they are oils?
Actually we had it all wrong when it was said that oils clog pores of our skin.
Chemistry says that ‘like dissolves like’ so if we want to get rid of things like sebum, whiteheads and blackheads then we have to target them with ‘like’ chemicals. In other words only oils can dissolve all the nasty oils from our skin.
The only way oils can clog our pores is if they are refined or comedogenic.
Any type of oil you buy, make sure they are organic or cold pressed at least.
Comedogenic simply means the ability to clog pores. But if you use non-comedogenic oils, they will never clog your pores and cause acne or anything.
So let’s get to the review…
I have used this facial oil for a year now and I have no idea why I didn’t do a review on it earlier. I will list out the pros and cons on this product and you can then decide if you want to try it or not 🙂
Price: €14.99 / £9.99
Ratings: 4.5 / 5
Ingredients: Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil*, Argania spinosa kernel oil*, Rosa canina seed oil*, Tocopheryl acetate, Limonene, Citronellol, Pelargonium graveolens flower oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis peel extract*, Linalool, Citrus aurantium bergamia (Bergamot) fruit oil, Citrus medica limonum (Lemon) peel oil, Geraniol, Parfum (Fragrance), Citral
* Ingredients certified as organic by the Soil Association for use in cosmetic products
** Ingredients certified as organic by the Ecocert Association for use in cosmetic products
- Gets rid of scars faster because it contains Rosehip oil. Check out one of my previous post for more info on this: DIY: Get rid of Scars/ Sun Burn/ Stretch Marks Naturally
- I didn’t find it greasy even though it is an oil so I recommend it for people with all skin types. So I can even wear it under makeup.
- It is actually nourishing but not heavy or greasy.
- It absorbs into your skin in about 5 mins which is pretty good for an oil.
- It repairs, rejuvenates and nourishes. All in one!
- It is 100% organic so it is safe for our skin. It is certified by Soil and Eco-cert Association.
- It is inexpensive compared to other facial oils.
- This bottle of 25 ml lasts for at least 2-3 months and I use it in morning and night sometimes.
- I love the packaging because it comes with a dropper which is super convenient.
- If it goes in your eyes… it burns 🙁 I have no idea how I ended up with facial oil in my eyes. Crazy stuff happens. Its normal 🙂
- It is a glass-like bottle so it might not be travel-friendly.
So far I am very pleased with this product and I will continue to buy this again until I find a better facial oil. Until then… hope I gave you a reason to spend some bucks 😉
Let me know what you think about this product!